Verification: 36d72ecbf0820661

Geely Emgrand 2021.

Geely Emgrand 2021.

Geely Emgrand 2021.

Geely Emgrand 2021: third generation sedan presented.
Geely has officially unveiled the new (third) generation Emgrand sedan. Visually, the four-door was made in the fresh corporate style of the Chinese brand, while receiving a number of solutions from the flagship Preface sedan.

However, the new Geely Emgrand 2021 differs from the latter in slightly different proportions. Plus, there are additional windows in the rear roof pillars of the budget model.

With the change of generation, the sedan has acquired full LED optics, and the combined taillights consist of 176 LED elements. The drag coefficient of the model is 0.27.

The Chinese tried to make the Geely Emgrand 2021 salon in a new body more comfortable, so for its decoration they mainly used soft and pleasant to the touch materials. The share of the latter allegedly reaches 85%.

To please the driver and passengers, a 12.3-inch virtual instrument cluster and a 10.25-inch touchscreen of the multimedia system are additionally called upon.

Plus, the list of vehicle equipment includes all-round cameras, an engine start button, a sunroof and an electric parking brake.

Geely Emgrand 2021.

The new body of Geely Emgrand 2021 reaches 4 638 mm in length, 1,820 mm in width, and 1,460 mm in height. The wheelbase of the sedan is 2,650 millimeters.

It is reported that the four-door is driven by a 1.5-liter aspirated engine, familiar from the first generation model, but here it was boosted to 114 hp. (+ 5).

The gearboxes are also the same: you can choose between a mechanic and a variator.

In the home (Chinese) market, sales of the «third» Emgrand will start in the summer of the twenty-first.

The sedan will be slightly more expensive than its predecessor, which is still in service and is sold at a price of $ 9,800 (720,000 rubles at the current exchange rate).

Geely Emgrand 2021.

So, the Chinese automakers have begun to accumulate historical statistics that can be flaunted in press releases.

For example, the first generation Geely Emgrand sedans produced 3.17 million units in twelve years.

These cars are also known in Russia: from 2012 to 2020, we sold 36 thousand copies, and at different times these were cars of Russian and Belarusian assembly. And Emgrand also passed the Autoreview resource test.

For all the time, Emgrand has gone through many upgrades (recently they took place annually) and even found a formal heir in 2016, but as a result, the second-generation Geely Emgrand GL sedan is positioned half a step higher than the first-born and actually became a separate model in the range.

Geely Emgrand 2021.

And now another car will be the direct heir to the original Emgrand. Formally, this is the third generation, and it was shown officially.

The sedan is designed in a new style of the brand and is similar to the flagship model Geely Preface. It has different proportions, and additional windows appeared in the rear roof pillars.

All optics are now fully diode, with the combined taillights consisting of 176 LEDs. The wheelbase is the same 2650 mm as that of the «first» Emgrand (the second generation has 2700 mm).

The overall dimensions have changed barely noticeable: length — 4638 mm, width — 1820 mm, height — 1460 mm. The drag coefficient is 0.27.

Geely Emgrand 2021.

It was announced that comfort was put at the forefront of the interior design. For example, that’s why 85% of the interior surface is made of «soft» and pliable materials, and only the remaining 15% is hard plastic.

The top version has a 12.3-inch screen for devices and a 10.25-inch touchscreen media system. And in the list of equipment there is an engine start button, an electric parking brake, a sunroof and all-round cameras.

The only engine is the same aspirated 1.5 as in the first generation, but boosted from 109 to 114 hp.

The second generation Emgrand is offered with turbo engines only. Transmissions — «mechanics» and a variator will also get from the predecessor.

The «third» Emgrand will enter the Chinese market this summer and will cost a little more than the first generation sedan, for which they ask from $ 9800.

The «second» Emgrand GL costs at least 12 thousand. There is no information about a return to the Russian market yet.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Besucherzahler
счетчик для сайта