Verification: 36d72ecbf0820661

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

One of the Japanese automotive online publications has published some details about the future Subaru WRX STI 2022 model year.

According to these data, the 5th generation model will be equipped with both automatic and manual transmissions.

«Automatic», most likely, will be a CVT type gearbox. This caused some disappointment for many WRX STI fans who were hoping to see a more performance-oriented powertrain, such as the one that Volkswagen offers for its fast cars.

But in reality, not everything is so bad. The CVT will be the only transmission offered in the Japanese car market in the WRX. At the same time, a 6-speed manual transmission will be available for other countries.

New Subaru WRX STI 2022

It’s worth noting that Subaru claims 40% of the manual transmission WRX STI is sold. And this is a very good indicator.

The fact is that before completing the installation of a manual transmission in its charged Golf GTI in 2018, Volkswagen said that only 10% of buyers choose manual transmissions, and the remaining 90% opted for an automatic DSG transmission.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

According to the information, the CVT transmission will be mated to a 2.4-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, similar to the Subaru Outback.

But the high-performance sedan is expected to increase power to 290bhp. and 412 N * m of torque.

Also, some sources claim that the 2022 Subaru WRX STI will use a more powerful version of the 2.4-liter turbo engine. By tuning, it will be able to develop up to 400 hp. and 490 N * m of torque.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

This unit will interact with a 6-speed manual transmission. In addition, it is also claimed that the new WRX will have larger dimensions.

They will be: length — 4650 mm, width — 1850 mm, height — 1450 mm, wheelbase -2670 mm.

From these figures it turns out that the novelty will be 55 mm longer, 55 mm wider, 25 mm lower than the current version of the model.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

The car will be built on the latest version of the Subaru Global Platform modular architecture.

Also on this platform another car is based — the Levorg station wagon. Therefore, the equipment it contains can be carried over to the WRX STI.

This means that the new high-performance sedan can be equipped with an 11.6-inch touchscreen infotainment display and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster.

Subaru WRX STI 2022.

In addition, adaptive dampers can be used in the car, but according to the Japanese media report, they will be reconfigured for the sportier WRX STI.

Representatives of the automotive brand previously officially announced that the new product will go on sale by the end of 2021 and will be positioned as the 2022 model.

At the same time, the high-performance version of the WRX STI will not hit the market until next year.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

счетчик для сайта